The first best exercise equipment: A pair of running shoes
Our feet are our main source of transportation and if you get hurt during your exercise then you could be “out of commission” for a while so it’s important that you take care of them and pick the right type of running shoes. I repeat…get the right pair, once you get those perfect running shoes you’ll understand. You’ll have more mobility and comfort; which means you can perform your best 100% of the time!
To help you out I’ve written an article on “The importance of finding the right type of running shoes.”
How good is running or walking for you?
Running can be a difficult sport and most people try to avoid it, I’m guessing its all the sweating and panting. But studies have shown that running or for others walking, is the best form of exercise. It has a large list of benefits for your health.
- It’ll strengthen your tissues, bones, and tendons.
- Research shows that runners tend to live a longer and healthier life then most.
- It can reduce your risk of a stroke.
- Running can raise your good cholesterol and lower the bad.
- It helps you increase your lung function and use.
- It can boost your immune system and lower your risk of developing blood clots.
- It helps your arteries retain their elasticity and strength your heart. (Your chances of suffering a heart attack can be reduced to 50%)
- For women, running a few miles a day could lower the risk of developing breast cancer.
- Some doctors have recommended running as a remedy for people who are in their early stages of diabetes, high blood pressure, or osteoporosis.
- Running is one of the best forms of exercise for losing or maintaining your body weight.
- It’ll reduce stress and produce hormones/estrogen for your body.
- Just walking or running a few miles a day is beneficial to your body, mind and spirit.
The best running shoes ever?
I have recommended two running shoes for both men and women both shoes have been rated the highest by runners, magazines, and professionals. I would highly recommend these for your feet.
For Men: The Asics Gel Kayano
The Asics Kayano has been ranked the highest by customers for being, “the most comfortable running shoes they’ve ever worn.” It has earned high scores for being comfortable, having a great fit, for great stitching, and being very light.
For women: The Asics Nimbus
The Asics Nimbus is well known for being well cushioned, great for shock absorption, and being very lightweight. The ComforDry insole will help your feet stay dry and healthy. Customers are so satisfied that they’ll usually buy a new pair once their old ones wear out.
I got the best running shoes, now what?
Simple…get moving! Before you go for it make sure you do what you love to do. What I mean by that is if you love running then go running, if you love walking then go walking. You have to enjoy it for you to be committed if there’s no passion then it’s just another “workout”. I would recommend starting out just walking around your neighborhood happily waving to your neighbors. Listen to your favorite music, run with friends or family, run with your dog, set a goal then if you achieve it reward yourself. Most importantly stretch before you do anything!
The second best exercise equipment: The jump rope
A jump rope…really? Something I’ve played with as a kid? You might laugh at the jump rope but it has many benefits to offer you.
- A jump rope sells under $20.
- It can fit into your bag or briefcase so you can take it anywhere.
- It can be used by anyone.
- It’ll improve your cardio fitness and also tone your muscles at the same time.
A jump rope is a full body workout. It works out your legs, abs, arms, and heart. Once you focus it’ll gradually increase your strength, agility, speed, timing, and rhythm. Another benefit of a jump rope is that if you can’t go running then the next best option is to get hopping with a jump rope.
Jump roping can greatly help you achieve weight loss. A normal person must burn 3,500 calories to lose just one pound. Jump roping for just 30 minutes a day can burn off about 300 calories. With a combination of having a healthy diet and doing other exercises you can lose those pounds in no time!
Also there are different ways to jump rope to work out different parts of muscles. There is the basic one hop, the alternating jump, the one foot jump, the side straddle, the front straddle, running in place, the double under, the skiier, and the arms cross.
I would recommend blasting your favorite music and jump roping at a moderate speed. Try to keep a chart and see how much you’ve improved throughout!
I have recommended two types of jump ropes that are great for your workout. One has weights in it for a more full body workout and the other will help increase your endurance and speed. I would highly recommend these two because of the price and ease of order.
#3. Best exercise equipment: The Iron Gym
The questions that I usually get is, “what’s the difference between a pull up bar and the Iron Gym?” There’s a huge difference between the two. A pull up bar is well…just a pull up bar it can’t be used for anything else. The Iron Gym however is a versatile piece of equipment. An Iron Gym can be used for sit-ups, pull-ups, dips, abs, and pushups. It’ll easily attach to most doorframes so set up is easy. There are also other reasons I would highly recommend the Iron Gym for you.
1. It’s cheap for what you get.
If you get the Iron Gym Total Body Fitness Kit then you get the AB straps, the perfect pushups and an electronic jump rope. You can get all these equipment for about $29 dollars. That’s much cheaper then a gym membership and you can do your workouts at home.
2. It’s easy to put together.
I have recently bought The Iron Gym and it took me about 15 minutes to assemble together. Everything is included in the box and it was very easy to assemble. After set up I was doing everything at home!
3. You can do a ton of different workouts! I mean…tons!
- The hanging straps lets you do leg lifts that will work out the different parts of your abs.
- On the ground you can do tricep dips or pushups.
- It can also be used stabilize your feet while doing sit-ups
- You can do pull ups or chin ups with 3 different grip positions. (Narrow, neutral, and wide)
- Can withhold up to 300lbs.
How do I you know so much about The Iron Gym?
First of all, I’ve done the research. I’ve taken the time to read about it and studied countless Youtube videos. Second, I own one…it’s been about 4 weeks since I bought an Iron Gym and it’s a great product and I would highly recommend it. I promote it because I use it. My body is slowly shaping into what I want it to and I can focus on the different parts of muscles I want to work on.
Where can I buy The Iron Gym?
The pictures above will take you to Amazon.com they seemed to have the best price and I got free delivery with my order!
Iron Gym Extreme Edition: $33.00
Iron Gym Body Fitness Kit: $29.00
What’s your normal workout with your Iron Gym?
My favorite workout for the Iron gym is setting it up in a high traffic area. What I mean by that is where I pass through the most in my apartment. Then I made a rule, if I go under that doorway I have to do 3 pull-ups or 10 Ab workouts. For example I’ll go use the bathroom so I’ll do 3 pull-ups then when I come out I have to pass by it again, so I’ll have to do 10 abs. This doesn’t seem like much at first, but it gradually adds up. I’ve kept track of it for one day and I’ve noticed I was doing about 100 different types of pull-ups/abs in just one day! I couldn’t believe it! Now I can do up to 8 pull-ups and 25 every time I pass through it! I would highly recommend these 3-exercise equipment to be part of your life. The Iron Gym has been life changing for me and I hope it can greatly benefit you also.